This is a project-based learning course. Your project for this course will be to develop and propose a Joint Command and Control structure for the newly created US Space Force.
This project has three requirements:
- Develop a written generic Joint Command and Control outline (due Week 3);
- Develop a written Joint Command and Control structure proposal for the US Space Force (due Week 6); and
- Develop a short set of briefing slides to present your proposed Joint Command and Control structure of the US Space force (due Week 8).
For this assignment, you are to apply the generic Joint Command and Control structure you developed in Week 3 to the US Space Force to create a Command and Control proposal for the US Space Force. This will involve applying the Joint concept of Mission Command to the Five Essential Elements of Command and Control — DOPMIC to the specific needs of the US Space Force. The five essential elements of command and control include Decision making, Organization, Planning, Management of Information, and Communications. This process will ensure that Mission Command and the five essential elements are incorporated into the proposed command and control structure for the Space Force.
The intent of this assignment is to develop a specific Joint Command and Control structure for the US Space Force by applying the components of the generic Joint Command and Control structure you developed to a specific Joint US force. You will have the opportunity to present the results of your work in a short briefing presentation in the final assignment.
- Include a short Introduction (~ half page)
- A section summarizing the generic Joint Command and Control structure you developed in Week 3 (~ 1 page)
- Sections and justifications for each of the five areas (~ 1.5 pages each, for a total of ~ 8 pages)
- providing a summary of the Joint command and control structure you are proposing for the US Space Force (~ 1 page)
- Your paper must be at a minimum of 10-12 pages (the Title and Reference pages do not count towards the minimum limit).
- Scholarly and credible references should be used. A good rule of thumb is at least 2 scholarly sources per page of content.
- Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
- Students will follow the current Turabian Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework.
- Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize books, peer-reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc.
- All submissions will be graded using the assignment rubric.
Apr 17, 2022 11:59 PM